Indian eligible voters can find out polling booth where they can cast their votes during elections.
To apply online
1. Internet users can access www.eci.gov.in and Mobile Internet users can access information through www.electoralsearch.in.
Once you enter into site, you'll get two options.
1. विवरण द्वारा खोज/Search by Details
2. पहचान-पत्र क्र. द्वारा खोज/Search by EPIC No.
If you know EPIC No of your voter ID, you can choose option number 2 else choose option number 1.
In option number 2, you'll only have to enter EPIC No. And a security code.
In option number 1, you'll have to feel following details.
नाम/Name * Name
पिता / पति का नाम (Father's/Husband's Name) उम्र/Age or जन्म तिथि/DoB
विधानसभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र AssemblyConstituency
Note: you can also choose location on map.
Once you feel the above information, enter Code. Then click on search button. Now you'll see your basic information with polling booth name. Here, you can select MORE DETAIL option to see detail information.
2. Android phone based users can install an application from the Mobile Seva AppStore of the Government (apps.mgov.gov.in under electoral category).
To apply via SMS
1. If you don't want to use app and website, you can use SMS service by sending a pre-formatted SMS to the predefined numbers.
- The services are available on a special three digit code 166 provided for BSNL, Idea, MTNL, Tata Docomo, Tata Indicom and Vodafone users.
- A special five digit code 51969 is provided for accessing the service by operators such as Aircel, Airtel, BSNL, Idea, MTS, Reliance, Tata Docomo, Tata Indicom, Uninor, Videocon and Vodafone.
- A user can access the service by sending the SMS to a 10-digit number 09223166166. In order to access the services through SMS, Voters must send a pre-formatted SMS with a word “ECI” followed by details such as name, name of father/husband, locality, age or date of birth and gender separated by commas.
As an example, an SMS “ECI Prabhat Singla” would fetch the details of a voter by name “Prabhat Singla” on a nation-wide search of voters.